Board Priorities 2012-2014
Goal 1 – Chatham County Schools will produce globally competitive students.
- Objective 2: All 3rd grade students will be reading at or above grade level by the end of the 3rd grade as measured on the N. C. 3rd grade End of Grade assessment and AIMS Web by 2018-2019.
- Objective 3: There will be no achievement gap between majority and minority students in grades 3-8 as measured by North Carolina End of Grade reading and math composite scores and in grades 9-12 as measured on the Algebra I, Biology, and English I End Of Course assessments within ten years (2018-2019).
- Objective 4: All students will graduate within four years of entering 9th grade by 2018-19.
Goal 2 – Chatham County Schools will be led by 21st Century professionals.
- Objective 1: Teacher effectiveness will increase as measured through the Education Value Added Assessment System (EVAAS) which analyzes teacher impact on student performance on the grade 5-8 EOGs and Algebra I, English I, and Biology EOCs and the N.C. Educator Evaluation System.
Goal 3 – Chatham County Schools students will be healthy and responsible.
- Objective 2: Chatham County Schools will have learning environments that are safe, respectful, inviting, supportive, and inclusive as measured by district discipline data, periodic safety inspection data, and teacher, parent, and student surveys.
Goal 4 – Leadership will guide innovation in Chatham County Schools.
- Objective 1: Chatham County Schools will increase the opportunities for citizen input from the community to inform district leadership planning and decision making.
Goal 5 – Chatham County Schools will be governed and supported by 21st Century professionals.
- Objective 1: All Board decisions related to graduating literate, responsible citizens will be guided by the district's strategic plan.